SAB uses Vega Shock Test Apparatus to reproduce, at the spacecraft bottom interface, the dimensioning shock load of the Vega stages separation events (Fairing separation).
The service is offered under a frame contract with ARIANESPACE to all the Payloads that will fly on VEGA.
In the frame of the VESTA test activities SAB is currently responsible for:
- Mechanical Integrations of the VEGA 4th stage mock-up (A4 assy)
- Assy instrumentation (Accelerometers and Strain Gauges)
- P/L LPSS937 Clamp Band integration and tensioning
- HSS (Horizontal Separation System) belt integration and tensioning
- Pyro bolt cutters handling, check, installation and firing (with Pyro Operators)
- Data acquisition with a High Frequency DAQ
- Shock test data Post processing
- Electronic and mechanical parts refurbishment and maintenance